Pages

Monday 8 March 2010

A very big thank you!

After all the excitement of the Book Oscars I was very excited to receive some awards of my very own!

Firstly thank you so much to Pageturners for my first ever blog awards! The...


And also the Happy 101 award! I have to list 10 things that make me happy, then pass them both on to 10 new blogs that I love.

So here is my list.

1. My boyfriend (I have to say this. I would like dinner tonight...)
2. Ditto, friends and family
3. One of my bath books*
4. Wine
5. My shoes. Even though in my current employ I don't get to wear the pretty ones nearly enough
6. Sunny mornings. Blue skies. Nuff said
7. Food. Of almost any description though cake rates quite highly
8. An unexpected bonus of the financial kind
9. Flowers. I am completely helpless in the face of a bouquet
10. The Sopranos aka Tony Soprano aka dream husband

* Book bath definition. Any of Louise Rennison's books or India Knight's My Life on a Plate. Fabulously funny books that cheer me up no matter how blue I am.

And then from all the way across the pond in the big apple, Books in the City very kindly gave me...


I have to tell you all 10 honest facts about myself then, you guessed it, pass it on to 10 people.

1. Despite my, sometimes terrible grammar, I am in fact a writer. I work for a London advertising agency
2. I am almost definitely always 3 pounds heavier than I will ever tell you
3. I used to live in Norway
4. I am a complete wimp and can't drive
5. I would probably choose to spend my last pennies on shoes, rather than food.
6. I may occasionally listen to show tunes.
7. I have never read Catcher in the Rye, Middlemarch etc
8. I enjoy the occasional run. Occasional being the operative word here.
9. I may the only person in the country who still quite likes Gordon Brown.
10. I'd like to write a real book. As opposed to the ones in my head.

Anyway - scuse the overload of personal info and thanks again! I'll put up my deserving nominees later!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards! I totally get the shoes thing - for me they run a close second to handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always lie by more than 3 pounds...

    ReplyDelete