Pages

Saturday 20 February 2010

Through the letter box...

I was very excited to wake up this morning to find a mysterious package lying on the doormat. On closer inspection it turned out to be a new proof from the lovely Lee at Picador, (thank you!) which is pretty much the nicest way to get up on a Saturday.

It's called The Ice Age and it's the debut novel by American Kirsten Reed. Aside from the fact it has quite possibly the loveliest cover, the name Jack Kerouac is bandied around on the back which makes it doubly intriguing.

I'm just about to finish Aldous Huxley's A Brave New World (review to follow) so timing is perfect.

Apart from that I've been planning a bit of inter blog fun so keep your peepers open for an exciting (hopefully) announcement soon!

Have a fab weekend. x

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you enjoy your new book, I like the title, it makes me think of the movie called The Ice Age but Im sure its very different!

    I saw your post on my blog, my email is pageturnersbooks@gmail.com

    Please send me an email, I would love to hear from you and have something to ask you to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks becky, will be in touch tomorrow. and as for the book I think it might be a little different to the film! (tho i did love that movie!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting mail is always wonderful (unless its a bill) but its especially exciting when literature is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the post! 'Cept since we moved and I forgot to tell anyone our new address, it's far and few between. That is why I love Lee. Whom I have never met. But I love him.

    ReplyDelete